Monday, August 21, 2006

Small Group this weekend

In light of next weekend being Labor Day, we are scheduled to meet this Sunday. Does anyone have any ideas about what they would like to do? Just about anything is up for grabs. We can meet out somewhere, or we can meet in the room at church (with or without food) so that no one has to give up a house. Meeting times are also flexible after church, as far as I know. Post ideas on the blog--let us hear from you!

10 comments:

SaraYates said...

Brian will probably be out of town on Sunday. He is going on a canoe trip with fraterinty alumni. As for me, I am flexible as to time and place. Sundays are always good!

Mel said...

We are up for anything as well. We would love to do closer to 7:00 just to have a bit of a break after church.
If we ever need a room at the church we could always use a room in Adventureland, there is one with a couch on the second floor that stays empty. Other ideas that sound fun, ice cream sundaes somewhere, cheap dinner from huey's or another place. Let me know what ya'll think.

monkeymama said...

We could do a party/small group at our house. We would love to have everyone over. we could do lots of appetizers and birthday cake and ice cream. I could take care of the cake if y'all want to do that. how about 6;30? we are up for whatever!

monkeymama said...

who wants to bring appetizers?

Tersh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tersh said...

Hey everyone!

The get-together sounds great! Kudos do go to my husband for mentioning. But, don't feel like it all has to be about the b-day! It will be so much fun to see everyone in that atmosphere again. Jack is right--it will be more relaxing. And, a big thanks to the Morton's for offering their place to host an appetizer party. It's almost like you KNOW me! Appetizers are almost my favorite part of the meal!

Tersh said...

If you are talking Baskin Robbin's, then my favorite is one that I have never known anyone else to claim as a favorite---"Daquiri Ice". It has been my chosen flavor since middle school, and is my absolute favorite flavor to this day. As far as "regular flavors" go, I like Mint Chocolate Chip and Rocky Road types of ice cream. Also, the Banana Split flavors that they sell in grocery stores are pretty good. As you all can tell, at almost 10:00 at night, I can name all kinds of good ice cream :-) Girls-I know that you know what I mean!

SaraYates said...

I'll be there-Brian may join me. I'll bring an appetizer as well. Trish, I never new there was anyone else who had even tried Daquiri Ice, let alone liked it. I'm not big on sweets, but it is one of my faves too! See yall sunday at 6:30!

nelson said...

Well now that I figured out that I should look at the comments section, Ryan and I will be there with an appetizer.

Stacy

Tersh said...

And Sara's bringing Cranium!!! Wow--appetizers, BYOB, and a hilarious game--this is turning out to my kind of night!