Wednesday, September 26, 2007

How about some Nooma? Nooma anyone?

Ok- I know that we all did the whole "rededicating to the small group" thing. No one should feel bad about not coming lately. Yes, we all love one another, yes, we are all dedicated to one another. Life is just crazy right now...for everyone. We have been slack on weeks when only a few people could come. We have even cancelled meeting for that very reason. Maybe Friday night is not the most reasonable night every week. I don't know. I do know; however, that I have missed the time with you all. I am also missing the lesson time. Back when we met with Ian, we were going to try out this new system and see how it would work. I don't think that it is working. For our lesson day, would it be easier to maybe go back to Sunday afternoons(maybe at church again). For those of us with kids, we could get 1-2 teens to babysit on site. It is something to think about...BUT for this week...

Can someone pony up for hosting Friday night for our Nooma lesson? That would be great!

Thanks for listening(reading) my rambling. And yes, it is 4:24 a.m. if you noticed. Insomnia strikes again.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I wish we could offer to host, but we're going to be out of town again this weekend - either for Chad's niece's wedding or quite possibly for my grandmother's funeral. She's still alive right now, but it's only a matter of time... Will you all please pray for my mom and grandfather, as this has been pretty difficult for the two of them.

We miss all of you and can't wait to catch up soon!

Tersh said...

We are praying for you and your family!

nelson said...

We will pray for you and your family.

nelson said...

We are in for a Nooma. Our house is out, we'll explain when we get together.

Tersh said...

I don't know what to do specifically. But, I do know that Josh and I have been setting Friday nights aside for Small Group. This has not seemed to work for everybody. I would love for us to come up with a time that would actually work for everyone.

monkeymama said...

we would be in for a lesson...just can't host.

Mel said...

This is Jack…
Not to piggyback off of the Browns, but Melissa and I have been talking also and we feel like we need to step out as well. We tried when Reid was born, but you all (like the mafia :) ) wouldn't let us out. It means a lot to us to have friends like that, especially with no family near. However under the context of small group members…well, we suck. Nothing will change. We'll still get together at houses once in a while, eat at MTV together, see each other at church, hang out whenever…but the constantly looming "small group" tag will go away. At least for the Kelleys. Melissa, Reid and I are our own small group right now and that's the way it needs to be. It's not fair for any of you dedicated members to have us in the group when we're not committed. In reality, I really think moving it to another night will cause a big headache and in a matter of weeks will fail, just like now. Hope you all understand (maybe some feel the same way). It's just something Mel and I have been talking about for a while and now I just have to do it. So, officially consider us out of the group, but not out of your friendship. See you this weekend at church.(see? nothing has changed!)

Mel said...

btw, em emailed everyone b/c she couldn't post. Here's what her's said:
Hey guys.
Well, Scott and I just spoke. We've been thinking and praying about what we need to do as far as the small group is concerned. We LOVE our fellowship with you guys and consider you family. But, we don't feel good that we made a committment and then have failed to follow through with that. There is no excuse. We should not have committed to something that we couldn't realistically do.
We feel like we need to pull out from the small group. We would like to still get together and have everyone over from time to time and of course consider you guys our closest friends here, but the reality is that we just don't have the time to commit to something weekly or even biweekly.
We wish we did, but this is just a reality for us. We just have too much on our plates across the board. We talked about the possibility of switching to another day or night and honestly just don't think that would make a difference. We have said in the past that some of the difficulty for us sometimes is having to host, but again, there have been plenty of times that we have bailed even when it's at someone else's house. At the end of the day, we don't want to feel like we've disappointed our friends. We just feel like it's the right thing to do.
I hope that you all understand. We are just trying to do what we think is right for us and for the group as a whole. And we hope that you will continue to be a part of our lives and that you will always be comfortable calling us, whatever you need, and always be comfortable in our home. We love you guys dearly.
Sorry that we didn't come to this decision sooner.

Love,
Em and Scott