Sunday, September 16, 2007
We put the FUN in dysfunctional
How's this for dysfunction?? My sister's boyfriend (the G'town PD) was was just involved in arresting my dad's girlfriend's daughter!! Yea my life! Anyway, it goes down like this: My dad's girlfriend's daughter is in, I think, tenth grade. This summer, she has been acting out and getting involved in drugs, alcohol, sex, and all that. She's spent time at grandparents, etc. Her mom is thinking about putting her in long term treatment facility because she's out of control. Last Friday, my sis's boyfriend was called to the house becuase daughter had run away (nice moment of recognition when my Dad walks in the door). Anyway, she was found. G'town PD decide that anytime this girl does anything else, she's to be arrested because she's a nutcase. Well, this afternoon, she blows a circuit and starts hitting/slapping her mom. My dad tries to intervene, and she starts hitting/kicking him. They have her in a squad car now, and are going to take her to 201 for domestic violence/assault.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry--I should clarify that I really do feel sorry for this girl. She's had a hard childhood, and some horrible role models. It's just that selfishly, I can't believe how ironically fitting this is for my dad.
I used to say it came from upbringing, but I have seen plenty of great parents do great parenting to no avail. Not to say this is that case or not, but parents have an extreme but limited influence on there kids no matter what the parents do. Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
Post a Comment