Wednesday, September 20, 2006

THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS...

small group smack'em yack'ems
Hey guys. Thanks so much for praying for us. Here's the latest update. We got discharged last night around 5 and got to come home. I am on medicine and modified bed rest for another 2 weeks. (I think actually until October 2nd, 36 weeks). I had been having "braxton hicks" for awhile, but had noticed them pick up since Thursday. I had an appointment on Monday, so she hooked me up to the monitor and checked me to see what was going on. I was having contractions every 2 minutes and had dialated to 2 centimeters. So, she sent us down to labor and delivery to stop it all. They gave me magnesium, procardia, and finally terbutiline. They also gave me 2 shots of steroids in 24 hours in hopes to help him finish growing. We truly thought around 1:30 AM on Monday night that we were having this little guy. The mag wasn't working and as my doctor said..."these are the big guns". But, thankfully, when she added terbutaline to the mix they slowed down to only a few an hour. (She's fine with 4-6 an hour, but no more and I can't be dilating any more either). They slowed me off the mag by yesterday afternoon around 3 and on the terbutaline I was only having 1-2 an hour. So, I know that's probably more info than you all want, but oh well.
Anyway, the hospital visit sucked. That medicine is no fun and I have no desire to be back. I have been told that if they start up again I'm right back there to get them stopped until that "magic" date. So, I am sitting still for once. Scott of course has his hands full...work, Scottie, the house, etc. He's been great. It's hard to watch him have to do 100% of the work because I just can't, but he's been great.
We just wanted to thank you all for your prayers. We're glad not to have to live a little one at the hospital after his birth.
Feel free to call if you guys need anything. We'll have to keep Friday up in the air for now. We'll see how I'm feeling and how the week has been, but we love you guys and are excited about getting together again soon.
Thanks to Angie and William for taking the initiative of leading the group...we're so excited. Scott wants me to tell you all that he will be home working on the house most of the day today and hopefully most evenings. We're not sure how it's going to work right now. I can't drive or do anything really, but my parents got back last night, so that'll be helpful. Scottie and I will probably just get dropped off there most days so he can either go to work or work at home. So, if any of you guys feel like coming over to have some "grrrr...guy time" just give him a call on his cell: 335-7301. You are all awesome and we love ya! Talk to you all soon.
em and scott

3 comments:

Tersh said...

We are definitely praying for all four of you, as well as the rest of the family. We are here for anything that you need, and I'm sure that Josh will be talking to Scott about helping. Please, "modify" your bedrest to be the maximum amount that you can stand so that the little guy stays put for a couple of weeks!

SaraYates said...

So glad to hear that West is staying put (at least for a little while). I know that you will be going crazy, but hang in there. Last time you'll get totally pampered for a while I am sure. Brian will be around to help Scott for sure. We love you guys and will continue our prayers!

Mel said...

REST, REST, REST!!!! We love you and want West here healthy and want you healthy. We are praying for all of you. Call if you need anything.