Friday, June 30, 2006

Road Trip

To all who said they were available for the weekend of July 14th - 16th for our trip to Hardy (plus the Hills and the Nelsons, if you can come), we are definitely on for that weekend.

Trish asked me to remind everyone that it will be HOT, and we'll be outside the whole time. In order to be prepared, we need to bring portable fans and coolers. Also, since Hardy is in a "dry" county, adult beverages will need to be purchased in Memphis prior to the trip.

We'll post more details as the date grows near.

4 comments:

Tersh said...

Whoo-Hoo!! Road Trip! I am packing right now for us to go up there for the 4th, so I am making a note to get some pics together that I can post. Josh and I will also look at some of the arrangements (I know that are two small stove eyes, a sink, and a mini-mini-mini fridge in the Wellhouse, and a bigger, extra fridge, in the main house that we can have access to. And, we'll also look at the sleeping areas and see where the sun hits at different times of the day.) Also, remember that we will plan on spending most of the daytime on the river for coolness and refreshment purposes :-) From the RSVP time frames that I have received- the Morton's, Reeves', and Simpson's are all on for the whole weekend. The Brown's can come for Friday night until Sat. afternoon. And, I haven't heard a definite available time frame for the Abart's. Anybody else that we haven't heard from--The More The Merrier!!! If your family can go--let us know! I'll post more as I see comments, or as I have new info. to post.

SaraYates said...

We will miss you guys that weekend, especially the bonding on the river and adult beverages. LEt us know if anyone needs any gear!

Anonymous said...

There are only 10 states in the union that have record highs of 120 or higher and Arkansas is one of them.

Tersh said...

Yeah, William--but the river will be SO nice and refreshing, and we plan on spending ALL day down there. Over the long July 4th weekend, we didn't start feeling really warm until noon, and at night we spent the whole time outside hanging out or as Jacob puts it, "chillin' ". During the day time, the river will be a neccesity because we won't have any air conditioning and it will be hot. But, the mornings and nights should be really nice!