Friday, July 07, 2006

Happy 4th and let's go camping!!!

I hate we all missed getting together this week-end. WE are very excited about the trip next week-end. Who has the info? What are we doing? Will there be s'mores? Will there be skeeters? will there be running water? Do I have to worry about rabid dogs? Are we going to go streaking? Does anyone read this d@!n blog?

7 comments:

Tersh said...

I don't know if anyone reads it. I've been wondering the same thing. I haven't really heard from anyone that's going. Let me see if I can get all of this.

What we will be doing--hanging out, swimming and frolicking in the river during the day (you won't want to do anything else or you'll melt), sitting outside and "chillin" at night--doesn't sound like much, but if you're laid back and easygoing, it will be fun.

Skeeters--yes. We will be outside the whole time. But, it's not bad at all if you wear Bug Spray.

Running water--yes. We will have a couple of bathrooms that we will share.

Rabid dogs--not that I've noticed.

Streaking--that's a personal decision.

Tersh said...

From what I've heard, everyone at this point is planning on going up late afternoon (after work hours) on Friday. The drive is about 3 hours (2 and 1/2 from the bridge). I will send out a post and an email with a Mapquest (starting point Hope) and some directions to the place (the end of the trip is a gravel road).

Mel said...

Sorry we are going to miss the fun, drink an adult beverage for Jack and I and someone please jump into the river from a large cracked branch in a tree or better yet from a highway bridge(sorry that's what i use to do at the river)
You guys will have a blast, Angie streak for me.

SaraYates said...

Again, anyone needing gear, let the Yates' know. We have the "Big Nasty" which is a ridiculously huge 2 room tent. We also have 2 air matresses. For the daytime, we have a picnic tent/ mosquito tent that is 4 netted walls with a top to keep out the sun. Also have sleeping bags, though mine would only be good for kinds-I have the "Tigger" Northface sleeping bag (kids version of the adult bag). We also have Crazy Crek Camping chairs that sit in the ground and 2 ground pads with chair converts. Let us know if you guys need anything! We are totally bummed to miss out, but know the fellowship will be outstanding!

Amy said...

OK, Chad & I will be the first to accept the Yates' offer to loan out some camping gear. We've most of what we need from Chad's family, but that air mattress sounds awesome!! Let me know a good time when I can come by and pick it up.

Are we all planning to caravan up to Hardy on Friday, or just drive separate and meet up there?

Tersh said...

I am wondering about when everyone is planning to come up, myself. Can we get a "definite" from everyone coming, for planning purposes? When are you planning on leaving Memphis, and how long will you be with us??

Anonymous said...

S'mo fo butter layin' to the bone. Jackin' me up.
Tightly.